作者:eastnorth_tiger 此贴贴于2020-5-16 18:39:11,已被阅读159次/回复0 
Wickedly crafted in 64 bit Microsoft Assembler <MASM>
这是MASM32 SDK开发这Steve Hutchesson对64位masm的评价:
MASM is maintained by Microsoft and it has been around since 1982 and is current as of 2019.

Its because its true. I have seen them come and I have seen them go but MASM was there before them and will be there after them. MASM in both 32 and 64 bit versions are current software which anyone who ever paid for their version of Windows can use for free.

Now nidud is partially right here, in the 1990s MASM was a commercial product released to the general public for sale where the 64 bit version was only ever a component of the VS/VC toolset and was only ever a professional tool not targeted at beginners. What is missing here is what MASM is, its ONLY an assembler, it has no aspirations of being a C compiler, CL.EXE does that just fine.

For any who were there back in the middle 1990s, MASM was ridiculed by the then C brigade as they rushed headlong into visual garbage and VBX files and you needed TASM to write viruses so MASM was attacked for much the same reason as it is today, it was made by Microsoft. It took less than 6 months in conjunction with Iczelion to bring TASM to its knees and silence the then C brigade.

The attempt to redefine what an assembler was flopped with TASM with its ideal mode and with the WASM derivatives, they are trying to be C compilers with their rigid prototyping and other forms of crippling and restricting what you can do with them. 64 bit MASM is a breath of fresh air, it does not support 16 bit (why would you bother), ML.EXE has been doing 32 bit since about 1997 so there is no point of duplicating that and it is just an assembler with Microsoft's ancient pre-processor with no pretences of being otherwise.

Freedom from endless prototyping is a genuine joy after the old 32 bit version and its the reason why it is so easy to produce wide ranging import libraries as well as static libraries. The 64 bit version is nearly as intolerant as ML was back in the late 1990s but professional tools tend to be like that.

I accept that everyone has their own vision of what they write and while I am not up to date with nidud's assembler or even John's, I see both have done good work and they may even be finished before the second coming but I don't need the endless waiting with a vision that is different to mine, 64 bit MASM is complete and works correctly NOW and it has a matching tool set that works NOW and further, it is fully compatible NOW with CL.EXE.

The only tool set that does compete with Microsoft Is Pelle's very good package, it is coherent, well written, reliable and up to date in terms of specifications.

中文同译:
MASM由Microsoft维护,自1982年以来一直存在,到2019年为止一直有效。这是

因为它是正确的。我见过他们来了,我见过他们去了,但是MASM在他们之前,并且在他们之后。32位和64位版本的MASM都是当前软件,任何为Windows版本付费的人都可以免费使用。

现在nidud就是部分产品,在1990年代,MASM是向公众发售的商业产品,其中64位版本仅是VS / VC工具集的组成部分,并且仅是不面向初学者的专业工具。这里缺少的是MASM,它只是一个汇编程序,它不希望成为C编译器,CL.EXE可以满足要求。

对于任何1990年代中期在那里的人,MASM都被当时的C旅嘲笑,因为他们急忙进入视觉垃圾和VBX文件,并且您需要TASM编写病毒,因此MASM受到与今天相同的原因的攻击,它是由微软制造的。与Iczelion一起花费了不到6个月的时间,将TASM推到了膝盖,并压倒了当时的C旅。

试图以理想的模式和WASM派生重新定义使用TASM失败的汇编程序,他们正试图通过严格的原型设计和其他削弱形式来限制C语言的使用,从而限制了您对它们的处理。64位MASM是新鲜空气,它不支持16位(为什么要打扰),ML.EXE自1997年以来一直在使用32位,因此没有重复的意义,它只是Microsoft的汇编程序。古老的预处理器,没有其他的借口。

在使用旧的32位版本之后,摆脱无穷无尽的原型是一种真正的快乐,这是为什么它如此容易产生广泛的导入库和静态库的原因。64位版本几乎不像ML在1990年代后期那样宽容,但专业工具往往就是这样。

我接受每个人对自己写的东西都有自己的见解,尽管我不了解nidud的汇编器甚至John的汇编器,但我都看到他们都做得很好,甚至可以在第二次汇编之前完成,但是我不需要经过无休止的等待,与我的不同,64位MASM已完成并且现在可以正常工作,并且它具有一个匹配的工具集可以立即运行,并且进一步与CL.EXE完全兼容。

唯一可以与Microsoft竞争的工具集是Pelle的非常出色的软件包,它连贯,编写良好,可靠并且在规格方面是最新的。